Get Zonealarm Anti-Spyware and Firewall Free today
ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware, which comes bundled with the ZoneAlarm Firewall, can be downloaded free of charge today. The security software retails regularly for $19.95 and includes one year of free updates as well. This offer expires on November 14th 5pm PST so hurry up if you would like to give this software a try.
Users who would like to download the regular Zonealarm Anti-Spyware free of charge today have to supply their name and a valid email address to receive the download link, a valid serial number for the software and instructions on how to enter that serial number to activate the software.
Update: The promotion period has ended and the web page is no longer available. It redirects to the main Zonealarm website from where products can be downloaded or purchased.
Zonealarm for some time now has been offering a free version of its Antivirus and Firewall program. It is limited in comparison to paid versions that ZoneAlarm makes available but still sufficient to protect the PC. Here is a detailed list of features that are included, and the features that ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall does not include.
- Antivirus and Anti-Spyware engine to protect the system against worms, virus attacks, rootkits, bots or trojans
- Two-Way Firewall to protect the PC against attacks
- Network monitoring to find and block programs with suspicious behavior
- Advanced Download protection that analyzes all downloads before they are saved on the PC
- Security Toolbar
- Identitiy Protection that lets you monitor your credit
The following features are not included in the free version of Zonealarm Antivirus and Firewall Free:
- 24/7 customer service and technical support available.
- Enhanced Browser Protection.
- Advanced Real-Time Antivirus via cloud solution.
- Threat emulation.
- Find my laptop.
- Parental controls to restrict user accounts for children on the system.
- PC Tune UP for performance and maintenance related tools.
- Automatic updates only once every 24 hours
Probably the biggest issue here is that the antivirus signatures get updated once every 24 hour period which puts system at risk due to that.